Win a Spring 2020 wedding ceremony package with Somerset Registration Service and Who Is Benjamin Photography, to celebrate our collaboration on the beautiful Somerset Wedding Ceremony Guide and launch of the second edition this winter.
How To Enter
We just want to know: Why do you want to #SayIDoInSomerset?
Whether it’s the Exmoor hills or beautiful beaches, the cider or the cricket, Glastonbury Festival or Bridgwater Carnival, there are plenty of reasons to fall in love in and with Somerset!
To enter, simply head over to the Somerset Wedding Registration Service Facebook page and leave your answer on our competition post between November 1st and November 28th. You can enter for yourself, or someone who you know would love to win the prize. Only 1 entry will be accepted per person, so if you’re determined to win then get sharing with your friends and family. The winner will be drawn at random after the closing date. Don’t forget, they must be legally able and willing to get married or form a civil partnership!
Your Ceremony Package Prize
The prize includes a full ceremony with your choice of music and readings in the historic Tudor Hall at the Old Municipal Buildings in Somerset’s county town of Taunton. Invite up to 100 friends and family to be guests at your special day at Somerset’s most popular wedding venue. Capturing it all will be Who Is Benjamin Photography, who will also whisk you away to nearby scenic locations for a post-ceremony couple shoot. Your photos will be fully edited and uploaded to an online gallery for you to share, and digital files for you to print.
Normally priced at £350 for a full ceremony at Taunton Register Office, plus Who Is Benjamin’s Ruby package at £499, this is a fantastic opportunity to win your wedding day essentials. Set in the heart of Taunton, there are some brilliant local venues like The Cosy Club or The Castle Hotel just minutes away where you can carry on your post-ceremony celebrations. Check our Supplier Directory for inspiration.
The ceremony will need to be booked between March and June 2020 at Taunton Register Office in The Tudor Hall, excluding Sundays and Bank Holidays, and depending on availability. Don’t worry – both Ben and ourselves have plenty of dates available to choose from.
Who Is Benjamin Photography – Our Competition Partner
Don’t forget to check out Who Is Benjamin’s Facebook, Instagram and website, to see what you could be winning – not forgetting his hugely popular portrait Instagram feed. Ben says “I love shooting at the registry office, as it’s in the heart of my hometown. The building makes a stunning setting, and there are some brilliant little spots nearby that make it a dream to shoot. I’m looking forward to 2020 and another great year capturing some really special moments for couples there.” You can also find guidance, essential forms and everything you need to know about getting married or forming a civil partnership in Somerset and North Somerset elsewhere on our website.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Somerset County Council, whose registered office is at County Hall, Taunton, Somerset TA1 4DY, and is the competition is administrated by Somerset Registration Service.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Somerset County Council and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition is through Facebook. Details of how to enter are via https://www.somersetweddingservice.org.uk
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- The winner, or recipient of the prize, must be 18 years or over, legally able to marry or form a partnership, and be intending to do so. They will be subject to the normal legalities associated with marrying or forming a partnership.
- Entrants may enter the competition on behalf of another person, but that person must be 18 years or over, be legally able to marry or form a partnership, and be intending to do so.
- Closing date for entry will November 28th 2019 at midnight GMT. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Add a comment to the original Somerset Wedding Registration Service Facebook competition post, answering the following question: Why do you want to #SayIDoInSomerset?
Entrants are not required to like, share or follow Somerset Wedding Registration Service, Somerset County Council or Who Is Benjamin Photography as a condition of entry, though they will be encouraged to do so.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: A full wedding ceremony with guests at Taunton Registration Office, The Old Municipal Buildings, Corporation Street, Taunton, to be carried out during March-June 2020, subject to availability, not including Sundays and Bank Holidays. Ceremony content to be agreed, following normal Registration Office procedures and requirements. Also, a Register Office wedding photography package with Who Is Benjamin Photography, to include ceremony, post ceremony, and staged photography in the local area, supply of edited digital images in an online gallery for download by the winner. The prize includes the cost of the ceremony and a wedding certificate, but does not include the statutory cost of giving notice, which must be completed by the winners in the district where they reside at least 28 days prior to the ceremony date.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- If a ceremony has already been booked and paid for at Taunton Register Office or any other venue, no refund will be issued. A 2+2 or full ceremony booking at a Somerset or North Somerset register office that has not yet been paid for may be cancelled and rebooked to claim the prize.
- The winner will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received excluding any duplicate entries and verified by the Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by direct message on Facebook within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will agree with the winner when the prize can be redeemed from a selection of dates in March-June 2020, dependent on availability of the ceremony rooms and photographer.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- By entering, entrants agree to their entry comment being used in marketing material, with or without attribution.
- By entering, the winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry comment. They agree to their name being supplied to Who Is Benjamin Photography for the purposes of arranging delivery of the photography element of the prize.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Somerset County Council’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners, and all matters to do with the competition is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.